1.1 Maxim Institute’s original works displayed on this website are protected by copyright. Except as is specified in this licence, all rights in those original works are reserved. Maxim Institute will allow you to use those original works in the way and on the terms specified in this licence. Your rights under the Copyright Act 1994 are not affected by this licence.
1.2 Unless otherwise stated in this licence or apparent elsewhere, all works displayed on this website are Maxim Institute’s original works. Works which are not Maxim Institute’s original works are not included in this licence are remain protected by their owner’s copyright.
1.3 By using any of Maxim Institute’s works, you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of this licence.
Use of Maxim Institute’s original work(s)
2.1 Subject to complying with the terms of this licence and the terms and conditions of using this website, Maxim Institute grants you a non-exclusive licence to reproduce, distribute copies of, perform, or play or show in public or broadcast (“use”) its original work(s) displayed on this website provided that you sufficiently acknowledge Maxim Institute as the author or owner of the work(s) and provided that you make it clear that the work(s) is used under this licence.
2.2 However, this licence is subject to the following limitations. You may not, and you may not allow or assist any third party to:
- use any works which are not Maxim Institute’s original works or are otherwise identified as works that may not be used;
- use Maxim Institute’s logo or any aspect of its branding except for the purpose of acknowledging Maxim Institute as the author or owner of any of its original works that you have used;
- use Maxim Institute’s original works in breach of any law;
- use Maxim Institute’s original works to create an election advertisement, election programme, advertisement relating to an election or referendum advertisement;
- state or imply, by use of Maxim Institute’s original works that any position held or statement made by you or by any third party is endorsed by Maxim Institute or that you are, or any third party is, related to Maxim Institute;
- make any adaptations of Maxim Institute’s original work(s) or alter them in any way or use them to create any compilation or collective or derivative or derogatory works or do anything else in relation to the work(s) that is prejudicial to Maxim Institute’s reputation or that will bring it into disrepute or damage its goodwill;
- use Maxim Institute’s original works for commercial purposes or for financial gain;
- sub-licence the use of Maxim Institute’s original works;
- use any part of the software used to operate this website (“System”). Copyright and all intellectual property rights in the System and in the way that it is used to present information on this website belong to Acclipse NZ Limited and Equillia Limited. The System is used under licence by the website maxim.org.nz.
3.1 Maxim Institute asserts its moral rights in relation to its original works displayed on this website.
4.1 To the maximum extent that the law allows, Maxim Institute disclaims all guarantees and warranties of any kind about any of its works or their use, including, without limitation, guarantees or warranties about accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.
Limitation of liability
5.1 To the maximum extent that the law allows, Maxim Institute will not be liable to you for any damages or losses that you suffer, or costs or expenses that you incur, in any way, which are the result of or are related to your use of any of Maxim Institute’s original works.
6.1 This licence will terminate automatically if you breach any of its terms or any of the terms and conditions of using this website.
7.1 If any term of this licence is invalid to any extent, the remainder of this licence will not be affected and will remain enforceable to the greatest extent permitted by law.
7.2 This licence is the entire agreement between you and Maxim Institute in relation to its subject-matter and supersedes any previous agreement, discussion or representations.
7.3 This licence can not be amended except by the written consent of Maxim Institute.
7.4 This licence may be altered occasionally. Using any of Maxim Institute’s original works after they have been altered means that you have agreed to the alterations.
7.5 The laws of New Zealand will govern this licence, which will be interpreted and applied in accordance with those laws.